What is the difference between single and two stage pumps?
On a single stage pump the air is compressed one time and stored in a receiver. A two stage pump compresses the air twice, once in the first cylinder and then a second time in a smaller cylinder which gives you a higher CFM.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Air Compressors:
- What are the advantages of using compressed air vs. other power sources?
- Does a new compressor have to be broken in?
- What size of air compressor do I need?
- How much air pressure do I need?
- What is CFM and PSI and which is more important?
- Can I install the air compressor anywhere in my facility?
- Can I install an air compressor in an outside location?
- How do I use compressed air that is stored at a higher pressure for my lower air pressure needs?
- Why does my compressor run when I am not working or using compressed air?
- Can you store more air at higher air pressures?
- Can I use PVC piping for my discharge air piping?
- What type of oil should I use in the reciprocating compressor?
- How do I automatically drain water out of my tank?
- How often should we change the oil?
- Can you tell me about the different options you offer for air compressors?