How often should I change the oil in my air compressor?
For a Reciprocating air compressor, generally you would change the oil and the air filter approximately every 3 months. For a more accurate time frame, contact Mi-T-M at 800-553-9053 with your air compressor model number and we will help you find the recommended schedule for your compressor.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Air Compressors:
- What are the advantages of using compressed air vs. other power sources?
- Does a new compressor have to be broken in?
- What size of air compressor do I need?
- How much air pressure do I need?
- What is CFM and PSI and which is more important?
- What is the difference between single and two stage pumps?
- Can I install the air compressor anywhere in my facility?
- Can I install an air compressor in an outside location?
- How do I use compressed air that is stored at a higher pressure for my lower air pressure needs?
- Why does my compressor run when I am not working or using compressed air?
- Can you store more air at higher air pressures?
- Can I use PVC piping for my discharge air piping?
- What type of oil should I use in the reciprocating compressor?
- How do I automatically drain water out of my tank?
- Can you tell me about the different options you offer for air compressors?